LAB Learning is currently looking for degree qualified Teachers to join our fast growing organisation in the Hunter Region.
Do you require flexible working hours? A passion to assist individuals with learning difficulties? Why not send a copy of your resume to the email below with a covering letter.
LAB Learning Clinic – Educational Therapist
Attractive package and flexible working hours!
Education and Training > Teaching – Primary, Secondary
LAB Learning Clinic is a multidisciplinary service for children, families and schools. We specialise in therapy sessions for children who experience learning difficulties or have a diagnosed disability in the following areas:
- Learning difficulties / disabilities
- Social and emotional supports
- Reading and spelling difficulties
- Dyslexia, Autism, Sensory Processing, ADHD and other learning difficulties
Additionally, we provide Professional Development and consultancy for schools.
LAB Learning Clinic currently have offices in Newcastle, East Maitland, Lake Macquarie and an online virtual hub.
As an Educational Therapist, you will be heavily involved in working with students who have learning difficulties. This could include but not limited to Dyslexia, Autism, Executive functioning and ADHD. You will be provided with all resources and support. Therapy sessions are conducted at one of our offices, or at a school by negotiation. Work for a passionate and progressive company that truly cares for children.
- Develop and implement individualised therapy plans
- Perform assessments – both standardised and non-standardised to determine the client’s functioning level
- Monitor client’s progress throughout intervention
- Work collaboratively with the client and family to review outcomes and modify intervention program as required
- Attend Case Conferences and school meetings as required
- Document educational therapy intervention services
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team to ensure holistic practice
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualified in Education
- Current NSW Working With Children Check
- Proven experience in developing and implementing high quality learning support programs in line with MSL, Dyslexia, Autism, Sensory Processing, ADHD and other learning difficulties
- MSL (Multi sensory) trained or willingness to train
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually as well as an active part of a multidisciplinary team
- Initiative, strong work ethic, great problem solving skills
- Dynamic and enthusiastic with a passion for working with kids
- Generous package with opportunities for promotion
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements
- Ideal for educators who have been casual teaching and are looking certainty and/or permanent teachers looking for greater flexibility
- Career progression opportunities supported by the company through professional development, education and training
- Fantastic team environment
- Opportunity to work with some amazing children and their families